The theme for the 2014 Hanna Greally Literary Awards is open. Submissions will be accepted on any theme, topic or subject.
The Ger Hanily Memorial Cup - will be awarded to the best entry received on the theme of Coman's Wood.
Publishing Services Package valued at €1000, from The Manuscript Publisher
- Have your book published professionally by The Manuscript Publisher, leading provider of publishing solutions for the digital age.
- Intended for self-publishing authors and independent publishers. Author retains copyright and all future publishing rights to the work.
- Applies to works of fiction, non-fiction, poetry, prose, memoir. Maximum 60,000 word manuscript.
- Full editing, proof-reading, typesetting, page design and layout, cover design to bring your manuscript to the stage of a print-ready proof.
- ISBN registration and legal deposit compliance. Your book listed on Nielsen's worldwide database.
- 50 printed copies of your book, which will also be available through print-on-demand channels and listed on Amazon. Interior pages printed black only with colour cover, perfect bound with choice of matt or gloss lamination.
- Your manuscript converted to all common e-book formats and distributed through major online retailers including Kindle, Smashwords, Apple (iBooks), Barnes and Noble, Kobo, others.
- Sales and Marketing assistance and support. Your book marketed and promoted through a variety of traditional and online channels including e-mail, social media, press release, online and print catalogues.
- The author is responsible for delivering the manuscript within six months of prize being awarded. Manuscript must be submitted in electronic format - MS Word for text, JPEG or other commonly accepted formats for graphics and illustrations, etc. Manuscript is accepted and published on the understanding that it is a previously unpublished work and that it is original to the author, containing nothing that is in any way an infringement of any existing copyright.
Cash prizes, crystal trophies and certificates will be awarded to runners-up in various categories including National Poetry Winner, National Prose Winner, National Short Story Winner together with an award for a Highly Commended entry among any of the poetry, prose, short story entries. A prize will also be awarded in a special category for National Schools.
This will be awarded to the best entry on the theme of Coman's Wood.
- All entries submitted must be the author’s own, unpublished work.
- Entries are limited to three poems/prose/stories per person. Poems will be no longer than 100 lines, prose no longer than 1,000 words.
- Entries submitted must be typed and titled.
- Entrant’s name/address/contact number/details and poem/prose title must be written on a separate page - not to appear on the same page of the poem.
- Entries will not be returned and the judges’ decision is final.
- Festival organisers and guests are not eligible for entry.
- Entry into the competition implies acceptance of the competition guidelines.
Friday, October 10, 2014. To be received no later than 5pm along with competition entry fee (see below).
€5 per entry; €10 for up to three entries.
- Please makes cheques, postal orders, etc. payable to 'SiarSceal Festival Group' and include with your entry submission.
- Payment can also be made by PayPal (accepts Visa, Laser, Mastercard) using the button below. Please quote your receipt number or transaction reference with your entry submission.
Competition entries can be posted to:
SiarScéal Festival c/o Richie Farrell, County Librarian, Roscommon County Council Library Services, Abbey Street, Roscommon, Ireland.
Or e-mailed to:
Please quote a payment reference (name on cheque, postal order, etc or PayPal transaction ID) so that we can verify that the competition entry fee has been paid.
Or can be submitted using the online entry form: