- All entries submitted must be the author’s own unpublished work in the English language.
- Entries are limited to three Poems/Prose, stories per person
- Poems will be no longer than 60 lines. Short Stories/Prose no longer than 500 words
- Entries submitted must be typed and titled.
- Entrant’s name/address/contact number/details and Poem/Story/Prose title must be written on a separate page-not to appear on the same page of the Poem.
- You can also submit your entries electronically by e-mail or using the online form below. Please quote a payment reference (name on cheque, postal order, etc or PayPal transaction ID) so that we can verify that the competition entry fee has been paid.
- Entries will not be returned and the judges’ decision is final.
- Festival organisers and guests are not eligible for entry.
- Entry into the competition implies acceptance of the competition guidelines.
- Closing date for entries will be Friday 15th February 2013
- Local groups/writers, national schools from 10 years upwards, secondary & third level students
- National writers/groups, and the ‘Irish’ abroad or those with Irish links
Mayor of Roscommon Cllr. Tom Crosby will present the winners with the Awards. The winners will be invited to read during the Festival Launch.
The Ger Hanily Memorial Cup will be awarded for the poem with the best sense of ‘Pride of Place’
Please forward Competition Entries to:
SiarScéal Festival c/o Richie Farrell, County Librarian, Roscommon County Council Library Services, Abbey Street, Roscommon, Ireland.
For further detailsPhone: 00-353 (0) 872628191Email: email@example.comVisit: www.siarsceal.com
You can also submit your entry electronically by e-mail (competitions AT siarsceal DOT com) or using the online form below. Please quote a payment reference (name on cheque, postal order, etc or PayPal transaction ID) so that we can verify that the competition entry fee has been paid.
Competition Entry Fees: €10/£10/$10 for up to three entries; school entries: €2. Please make cheques, postal orders, etc. payable to SiarScéal Festival Group and include with your competition entry. If you would like to pay via PayPal use the button below and quote your receipt number or transaction reference with your entry submission.